The Diploma of Leadership & Management is the entry point to your corporate career. Our experienced industry professionals will provide you the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively lead teams and excel in an Australian business context.
Why follow when you can lead?
Led by experienced industry trainers, this course explores the critical capabilities that make an effective manager within a ‘business, performance and people’ context. Learners are provided with the tools to examine and expand their own leadership skillset. The Diploma of Leadership and Management is a widely focused course, especially suited to those wishing to upskill in a number of leadership and management areas. It is designed specifically for supervisors or middle managers that have responsibility for a team of people, as well as those who participate in operational planning and are involved in change management.
In a volatile business environment inspirational leadership and sounds management are more important than ever.
This course is for those ready to take up the challenge.
WHY STUDY THIS COURSE?
1. Effectively manage people to achieve team and business goals
2. Manage operational plans to achieve set goals
3. Maintain work life balance
4. Manage professional development
5. Be a role model in the workplace
6. Build and sustain an innovative, diverse work environment
2024: 15 Jan, 15 Apr, 15 Jul, 14 Oct
2025: 13 Jan, 14 Apr, 14 Jul, 13 Oct
2026: 12 Jan, 13 Apr, 13 Jul, 12 Oct
+ Admission Fee: AUD $250
How can I pay?
1. Upfront payment via Credit Card, cheque or overseas bank account transfer
2. Payment instalments through Lexis payment plans
- Onshore students
- CoE Deposit: $500
- Week 1: $1,000
- Term payments: $1,300 x4 *
- Offshore students
- CoE Deposit: $1,500
- Term payments: $1,300 x4 *
* Due week 13 of each term
Combine Your Courses And Save*
- Book 2 courses and get the 2nd course 10% off
- Book 3 courses and get the 3rd course 15% off
*Deduction calculated on the final payment of final course
Participants will develop their skills in identifying, planning, forming and managing tasks fundamental to successful administration and leadership within a business environment.
Instructors will work with participants to hone leadership skills within a range of contexts, learn to manage professional development, foster relationships and improve team effectiveness.
Units cover the fundamental elements of being a successful team leader in Australia’s diverse and challenging workplaces.
Written Questions, Projects, Presentations & Case Studies.
6 Core Units
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
6 Elective Units
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- SIRXOSM007 Manage risk to organisational reputation in an online setting
- BSBOPS505 Manage organisational customer service
- BSBOPS503 Develop administrative systems
- Operations Manager
- Team Leader
- Project Manager
- Office Co-Ordinator
I’ve always loved working in a team, so Leadership & Management felt like an obvious choice. Studying next to the beach at Lexis Sydney meant I could swim in between classes and was only 15 minutes from the city.