he Diploma of Leadership & Management is the entry point to your corporate career. Our experienced industry professionals will provide you the skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively lead teams and excel in an Australian business context.
1. Effectively manage people to achieve team and business goals
2. Manage operational plans to achieve set goals
3. Maintain work life balance
4. Manage professional development
5. Be a role model in the workplace
6. Build and sustain an innovative, diverse work environment
2022: 17 Jan, 21 Feb, 4 Apr, 9 May, 20 Jun, 25 Jul, 5 Sep, 10 Oct, 21 Nov
2023: 16 Jan, 27 Feb, 3 Apr, 15 May, 19 Jun, 31 Jul, 4 Sep, 16 Oct, 20 Nov
- Tuition: 48 weeks
- Holiday: 8 weeks
- Consolidation: 12 weeks
How can I pay?
1. Upfront payment via Credit Card, BPAY, cheque or overseas bank account transfer
2. Payment instalments through Lexis payment plans
- COE Deposit: $250
- Week 1: $750
- Monthly payments: $500
- Book 2 courses and get the 2nd course 10% off
- Book 3 courses and get the 3rd course 15% off
- Book 4 courses and get the 4th course 20% off
*Deduction calculated on the final payment of final course
Participants will develop their skills in identifying, planning, forming and managing tasks fundamental to successful administration and leadership within a business environment.
Instructors will work with participants to hone leadership skills within a range of contexts, learn to manage professional development, foster relationships and improve team effectiveness.
Units cover the fundamental elements of being a successful team leader in Australia’s diverse and challenging workplaces.
Written Questions, Projects, Presentations & Case Studies.
6 Core Units
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
6 Elective Units
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations
- BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- SIRXOSM007 Manage risk to organisational reputation in an online setting
- BSBOPS505 Manage organisational customer service
- BSBOPS503 Develop administrative systems