The Diploma in Marketing and Communications builds on the essential marketing skill-set, with a focus on the current corporate generational change sweeping the industry towards online and digital media. Graduates are in high demand as job-ready, competent practitioners with the ‘new world’ marketing skills sought by businesses today.
1. Develop the skills required to effectively lead a team
2. Identify and pursue marketing opportunities
3. Create and manage an organisations Marketing Strategy
4. Develop and deliver and review an organisations Social Media Strategy
2025: 13 Jan, 14 Apr, 14 Jul, 13 Oct
2026: 12 Jan, 13 Apr, 13 Jul, 12 Oct
- Sydney Manly Beach
- Perth Scarborough Beach
- Have completed BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication OR Have completed the following units (or equivalent competencies): BSBCMM411 Make presentations; BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas; BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities; BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour; BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry; and BSBWRT411 Write complex documents. Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent. OR Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
- Minimum IELTS overall score of 5.5 with a minimum 5.0 in writing or evidence of upper intermediate English level.
- Access to a laptop or tablet for home and classroom use.
+ Admission Fee: AUD $250
How can I pay?
1. Upfront payment via Credit Card, cheque or overseas bank account transfer
2. Payment instalments through Lexis payment plans
- Onshore students
- CoE Deposit: $500
- Week 1: $1,000
- Term payments: $1,300 x4 *
- Offshore students
- CoE Deposit: $1,500
- Term payments: $1,300 x4 *
* Due week 13 of each term
Combine Your Courses And Save*
- Book 2 courses and get the 2nd course 10% off
- Book 3 courses and get the 3rd course 15% off
*Deduction calculated on the final payment of final course
The Diploma of Marketing and Communications is completed over a 66 week period and includes 12 units of competency, made up of 5 core units and 7 elective units. Participants will have the opportunity to further increase their skills in key aspects of corporate marketing, with a strong focus on digital and social media marketing.
This qualification will also provide participants with the training needed to apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of skilled working situations.
Written Questions, Projects, Presentations & Case Studies.
5 Core Units
- BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG542 Establish and monitor the marketing mix
- BSBMKG552 Design and develop marketing communication plans
- BSBMKG555 Write persuasive copy
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
7 Elective Units
- BSBMKG546 Develop social media engagement plans
- SIRXMKT006 Develop a social media strategy
- SIRXMKT007 Develop a digital marketing plan
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- SITXEBS002 Develop, implement and monitor the use of social media in a business
- SIRXOSM004 Analyse performance of social media and online business tools