- In accordance with our obligations under the National Code 2018, you must indicate your acceptance of the Conditions of Enrolment by signing this form before we can accept payment from you to confirm your enrolment.
- Lexis Training will acknowledge receipt of your completed and signed Enrolment Form via email including an invoice showing details of payment options as per your selected method. This will generally occur within 48 hours of receipt of your enrolment application.
- Lexis Training will confirm your enrolment upon receipt of the invoiced fees and completion of a pre-test to obtain the English level necessary for course Student visa applicants – you must pay the required course fees as invoiced before we can issue a confirmation of enrolment (CoE). When selecting a course commencement date please allow at least 4 weeks of visa processing time.
CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT
Lexis Training is hereinafter referred to as LT.
- In the absence of any agreement to the contrary, your place in a course will not be confirmed until the applicable admission fee is paid and a completed and signed Enrolment Form is received. Your invoice will detail the due dates for all subsequent payments.
- Payment of fees is to be made by the due dates listed on your invoice. Failure to pay on time will result in a late fee being added to your account.
- In the case of cancellation, the admission fee or its equivalence is non-refundable.
- Requests for cancellations are not effective until they are received in writing.
- Students are required to have access to a computer/electronic device suitable for completing and submitting coursework for the full duration of their course.
- Student visa holders are obligated to advise Lexis Training of their current residential address, change of phone number and email address, and immediately notify the school of any change to this.
- Student Visa Students may participate in part-time work or work experience of up to 20 hours per week and only in addition to full-time study.
- The Australian government ESOS framework provides information regarding studying in Australia on a student visa, https://internationaleducation.gov.au/regulatory-information/pages/regulatoryinformation.aspx
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Any request for cancellation or refund must be made in writing, by submitting a refund request form.
- If a student has received a CoE but has not yet received their student visa to commence studies, they must advise the College and request a deferral of the course start date. If a deferral is not requested the student will be considered as a commenced enrolment and subject to the terms and conditions applicable to this.
- If you are not granted a visa, all fees except the admission fee will be refunded within 4 weeks of LT receiving written notification of the visa refusal.
- If a request for cancellation is received ten (10) working days or more prior to the course commencement date, you have the option to re-enrol into an alternative course date or receive a refund of the total course fees paid to date, less the non-refundable admission fee.
- If you opt to re-enrol into an alternative course date, then later cancel that course, prior to the new commencement date, the cancellation policy will apply from the original course commencement date, not the deferred commencement date.
- If a request for cancellation is received less than ten (10) working days prior to the course commencement date, you are entitled to receive a refund of the total of course fees paid to date; less the non-refundable admission fee and a cancellation fee of 20% of the total tuition fees paid to date.
- If you withdraw from a course after the commencement date and before completion, no refund will be given.
- Where LT does not offer an advertised course or withdraw the delivery of a course prior to its completion, you will be offered within two (2) weeks, a refund of the total fees paid to date, less the non-refundable admission fee. Alternatively, you may be offered a suitable alternative course at no additional cost. You have the right to choose a refund or the offer of placement in another course. Acceptance of any offer must be confirmed within thirty (30) days of the offer being made.
- Any refunds payable under this policy (with the exception of those payable under Clause (7) will be made within four (4) weeks of receiving the written request.
- LT may make reasonable variations to the delivery of courses e.g.: course times, and classrooms. Participants will be provided with reasonable advanced notice should this occur and will have the opportunity to access the internal complaints and appeals process should they feel disadvantaged by any such variation.
- In all cases of suspension and/or expulsion due to non-compliance with the Student Code of Conduct, no refund of monies paid to LT will be made unless required by law.
These regulations may be waived only in exceptional circumstances by the Executive Management of LT at their absolute discretion.
PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
Participants will be subject to suspension and/or expulsion at the absolute discretion of LT’s Executive Management (subject to natural justice, except as otherwise implied by law) for persistent and/or serious infringement and non-compliance with the Code of Conduct as follows:
- Not conforming with the reasonable directions of LT.
- Misconduct and posing or presenting an unacceptable medical, physical or moral threat to the wellbeing of others.
- Causing wilful damage to LT’s and/or other participants’ property.
- Disruptive behaviour during training sessions, mentoring or assessment situations.
- Discriminative action/behaviour toward another participant/trainer/staff member or a group in general.
- Plagiarism – all work is to be the participant’s own.
- Secretive use of aids or notes and information in an assessment situation (where the assessment criterion does not permit the use of such items and states this explicitly)
- Use or distribution of prohibited drugs.
- Being convicted of a criminal offence whilst a participant with LT.
DEFERMENT, SUSPENSION OR CANCELLATION OF STUDY
- Students may apply for a deferment of commencement of study due to compassionate or compelling circumstances.
- LT may initiate a suspension of studies on the grounds of the misbehaviour of a participant in accordance with LT’s Participant Code of Conduct.
- LT may initiate cancellation of a student’s course:
• On the grounds of misbehaviour, in accordance with LT’s Participant Code of Conduct
• Due to failure to pay course fees
- Students who are subject of LT initiated suspensions or cancellations will have access to the Complaints and Appeals process (Detailed in the participant
Under the Conditions of Enrolment, LT agrees to:
1. Supply you with the appropriate course materials, assessments and support for the duration of your course except for electronic devices.
2. Provide you with access to learning and administration support.
3. Grade your assessments within a reasonable timeframe of receipt of the assessment.
4. Provide you with feedback and grades for your assessment.
5. On successful completion of all assessments and receipt of the full payment of the course fees, as well as provision of a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
number, LT will issue you the appropriate certification for your course within 30 days.
Your agreement to be bound by the Conditions of Enrolment, Refund and Cancellations Policy and the Indemnity Declaration does not remove your right to take action under LT’s Complaints and Appeals Policy, or Australia’s consumer protection laws, or to pursue other legal remedies.
In accordance with the laws of Australia:
- The personal information you provide to us or that is obtained about you prior to or during your period of enrolment with us will be regarded as confidential
and will be used for the purpose of processing your enrolment and providing you with the service(s) you request. However, in this process, these details may
be disclosed to relevant third parties including your family, further studies institutions, the Australian Government and regulatory bodies, other statutory
bodies and various employees of LT as required.
- We are obliged to advise the D.H.A of certain changes to a student’s enrolment and any breach of student visa conditions.
- Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Lexis Training is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information
to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Where a student who is under 18 years of age is accepted for enrolment as a student at the College, the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) further consent and agree that the College at its absolute discretion may when it considers it desirable and/or essential seek and provide medical and/or optical and/or dental treatment for the student. In such cases, such costs whether direct and/or indirect will be met by the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s). If the College has been obliged to incur costs on behalf of the student in such circumstances the costs will be repaid to the College by the parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) on demand.
HOW TO ENROL
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Lexis Training for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Lexis Training may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and Researchers
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information;
- and administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor. You may opt-out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies
and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au)